Starting a New Team
Are you interested in participating in one of our events? Just complete the following steps and you and your teammates will be on your way to competing in some of North America's leading dragon boat festivals:
- Learn all about dragon boat racing
- Looking to check out a team spotlight? Click here to see how dragon boating has benefited an organization.
- Recruit your team:
- You need at least 20 (minimum 8 women) - we suggest having 25 participants ie. 20 paddlers, 1 drummer and 4 alternates
- Designate the Team Captain and Fundraising Captain
- Choose your Drummer (the person who sits at the front of the boat)
- Choose your Steersperson (the person who steers the boat from the back); if you do not have a Steersperson, most festivals will provide one for you
- Complete the online registration process for your event(s):
- Each team member must sign a waiver for the event electronically. This is done through our online registration system.
- Contact GWN to discuss and setup team coaching and practices
- Purchase any necessary paddling equipment for the team from our ProShop
- And last, but not least, HAVE FUN!
Did we leave anything out? Contact GWN if you have any questions or see our FAQs.